Thursday, January 22, 2009

Breakfast





So I have been listening to my Portrait cd non stop I will never forget picking that up at the Sandy Plains CD Warehouse in 8th grade that cd changed my life up until that point I had thought the only melody in hardcore was like old Hopesfall and old Poison The Well type bands and of course Strongarm and Shai Hulud. But of course I quickly found out about Portait, I would ect ect, Blamegame, Couiler, Camaro Crotch, Inkwell and all those amazing Atlanta screamo bands the second I picked up that used copy of Portrait's self titled.
Man I only wish I would have gotten into the scene a couple years atleast before I did I would have gotten to see Portrait and even Strongarm but of course I missed it by a thread three years exactly.
I remember buying this cd at the same store I bought my first hardcore cds in 5th grade Converge-Petitioning The Empty Sky, Zao-Where Blood And Fire Bring Rest and Stretch Arm Strong-Rituals Of Life which they all changed my life. But I remember listening to this cd for the first time and I got that chill up my spine like the first time I heard those cds.
The fact that they had those amazing melodies and those real catchy as fuck leads was enough BUT they added to the wall of sound with a violinist which just sets the mood like for example during ''Constellations Of A Star Gazing Iris'' there is a part where it's just the violin and screaming and it is probally the most beautiful tear jerking part in ANY song I have ever heard.
Not to mention the vocals are so passionate and just insane this is easily the best band to ever come out of Atlanta, GA hands down.
I don't have a copy of the Self Titled that I can rip because well mine skips really really bad and it's old BUT I did find a link for their entire Discography which has a few more songs than the self titled that I own

Here it is....http://www.mediafire.com/?aethlyizbzt









Download it seriously it will be one of the best cds you have and please support the label that put it out and buy it http://www.stickfiguredistro.com/ go on there and browse they have some amazing atlanta screamo, emo violence, power violence, weird shit.







Portait vocalist Jeph Burgoon I got this from the tribute page up www.myspace.com/portraitga

No comments:

Post a Comment